Clean out your guttersWhile it’s good to clean your gutters before the snow falls, there may be debris that was left behind and could now potentially clog your gutters. Clogged gutters can cause water to pool and get into the frame and fascia leading to rot, mildew and mold. This in itself can cost thousands of dollars to fix as well as cause health problems. Alberta’s weather is unpredictable, which means when a heavy rainfall comes unexpectedly you want the water diverted off your roof as quickly as possible. Keeping your gutters clear will be one of your best lines of defense.
Clean your roofIt’s the time of year when animals begin nesting, and your roof is a great place for them to settle in. Make sure to keep an eye out for this as animals like to create a mess with chewing, and digging. This can cause a lot of damage to your home.
Get an inspectionThis is the time to get a professional to walk around your roof and look for any damage. We have the best annual maintenance program in the city. When you sign up for our annual maintenance program, the cost of the program will never increase as long as you stay with the program. This includes:
- Come to your home to re-inspect your roof install.
- Re-caulk all vents and flashing on roof.
- Re-tab any lifting shingles or un-tabbed shingles that may have come loose.
- Replace up to 5 missing shingles that have been lost by wind damage.
- Clean out blocked down spouts.
- Tack back in any loose nails on existing old eavestrough.